top of page

Latest round opens under lights at Brabham

The latest C-grade round kicked off under the lights on Friday night at Brabham Stadium.

Barnies United and Kinross ground out a nil-all draw until half-time, with subs and supporters shuddering on the sidelines, and Barnies battling to cope with their opponents' extra speed.

UNDER LIGHTS: Barnies United take on KWS at Brabham Park

Barnies striker, Wes Miller opened the scoring ten minutes into the second half, getting onto a well-passed through-ball to find the bottom right-hand corner of the net. The result was put beyond doubt 15 minutes later when midfielder Ben Fitzpatrick followed in a missed shot to slot the ball away. 2-0 at the final whistle.

Club-mates Denley Moor got off to the best start in their match against Waratah Eagles.

With the game only one minute old, new signing Shepherd Shambira got onto a well-placed cross from winger Harley Smith to score.

TUSSLE : New Denley singing Shepherd Shambira scored in the game's opening minute.

Tahs struggled after their keeper went off injured, Denley’s Phil Bennett ran onto a Chris Cameron through ball to score. Denley emptied their subs bench, but found Harley Smith found enough fuel in the tank late in the match to score, brining up a 3-0 final scoreline.

WHACK : Midfielder Murray McCloskey keeps the pressure on CYMS Gold.

Brighouse continue to show signs of improvement despite going down 3-1 to CYMS Gold on Saturday.

The green-and-whites were unlucky not to score in the first half, but headers from CYMS’ Hank Duncan and Ben Churchland and another from open play brought the score to 3-0.

Brighouse Central defender Josh Towns set the scene for a consolation goal when he stormed through the middle of the park. The through ball to midfielder Andrew Pansini clinically finished off to take Pansini's season tally to two goals.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page