Please reload

Recent Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Featured Posts

Goal fest in two match blitz

July 24, 2017



FLY PAST : The local livestock from Millthorpe’s Redmond Oval made a sudden impact on the over 35s match between Millthorpe Tigers and Denley Moor on Saturday.


Bottom-of-the-table Denley Moor staged a remarkable turnaround in a huge weekend of football in the over 35s competiton.

Denley played comp leaders Millthorpe twice in the same weekend to catch up from a deferred round earlier in the comp, with no less than 17 goals scored during the two matches.

Denley winger Nick Hyndes opened the scoring early in the Saturday game at Redmond Oval but Roy Davis was quick to level before adding another. Tigers forward David Wells weaved through the Denley defenders to make it 3-1 by half-time.

Davis showed his class soon after the break to make it three and Millthorpe started to dominate.

It was a speculator from 30 metres out by Denley defender Dan Rumbold that caught the Tigers keeper napping to peg back the lead to 4-2. But Wells responded with a second and restore the 5-2 margin.

There were a flurry of late goals as the light started to drop. The third in ten minutes came when Millthorpe keeper Phil Wells stopped a shot only to see it bounce over his head. Denley’s Harley Smith was on the spot to clean up and score.  Roy Davis pounced on a misplaced clearance at the other end to bring it back to 6-3.

With Denley finishing the stronger,  two late shots found the net. Dan Rumbold  put a second away and Richie Shields found space from tiring Tigers defenders to put a long range blast away. Tigers held on to win 6-5.





Denley picked where they left off against MIllthorpe with the Sunday match at Stadium Brabham.

Four goals from striker Harley Smith and one apiece from Nick Hyndes and Richie Shields saw Denley notch a 6-0 win over Millthorpe.

In the round’s other match Barnstoneworth United came back from a goal down to beat Gladdyatahs 2-1.

A well-placed volley from Wayne Gersbach opened  the scoring for Gladdies.

Some athletic defence from Andy Bobbin saw United’s Wes Miller come down in the box. The resulting Andy Holmes penalty shot came off the post to bounce off the back of diving keeper Troy Campbell and find the net.

 Barnstoneworth took the match with a second penalty from a Gladdies hand-ball, Andy Holmes making no mistake.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Follow Us
Please reload

Search By Tags
Please reload

  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square